Navarre Beach is a pristine stretch of white sand and emerald-green waters on Florida’s Emerald Coast. Nestled between Pensacola and Destin, Navarre Beach offers a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. With its sugar-soft sand, gentle waves, and abundant wildlife, Navarre Beach is the perfect place to relax and unwind. In this blog, we will fully discuss things to do in navarre beach.
Navarre Beach was originally settled by the Spanish in the 16th century. The area was later developed by the French in the 18th century and the British in the 19th century. Navarre Beach was incorporated as a town in 1915.
Things to Do in Navarre beach
Whether you’re looking for adventure or relaxation, Navarre Beach has something for everyone. Here are just a few of the many things you can do on your next vacation:
Beaches and Water Sports
- Swimming: The crystal-clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico are perfect for swimming.
- Sunbathing: Soak up the sun on Navarre Beach’s soft, white sand.
- Snorkeling and scuba diving: Explore the underwater world of Navarre Beach’s coral reefs and shipwrecks.
- Surfing: Catch some waves at one of Navarre Beach’s popular surf spots.
- Stand-up paddleboarding: Get a workout and enjoy the views of the coastline from a stand-up paddleboard.
- Kayaking and canoeing: Paddle through the serene waters of the Gulf of Mexico or the nearby Blackwater River.
- Boating: Take a boat out to the Navarre Beach Marine Sanctuary or explore the Intracoastal Waterway.
- Bird watching: Navarre Beach is home to a variety of birds, including pelicans, herons, and osprey.
- Sea turtle viewing: Learn about sea turtles and their conservation at the Navarre Beach Sea Turtle Conservation Center.
- Dolphin watching: Take a dolphin cruise to see these playful marine mammals in their natural habitat.
- Hiking: Take a hike through the Navarre Beach Marine Sanctuary or the nearby Blackwater River State Park.
- Golfing: Play a round of golf at one of Navarre Beach’s championship courses, including Emerald Coast Golf Club and Hidden Creek Golf Club.
- Shopping: Browse the shops in Navarre Beach’s charming downtown area.
- Dining: Enjoy fresh seafood at one of Navarre Beach’s many restaurants.
- Visiting Fort Walton Beach: Explore the history of Fort Walton Beach at this historic site.
- Visiting the Gulfarium Marine Science Center: Learn about marine life at this interactive museum.
Navarre Beach hosts a variety of special events throughout the year, including:
- The Navarre Beach Sea Turtle Festival: This annual festival celebrates sea turtles and their conservation
- The Navarre Beach Arts and Crafts Festival: This festival features the work of local artists and craftspeople.
- The Navarre Beach Food and Wine Festival: This festival showcases the culinary talents of local chefs and wineries.
Where to Stay
There are a variety of accommodations to choose from on Navarre Beach, including:
- Hotels: Navarre Beach has a number of hotels to choose from, ranging from budget-friendly motels to luxury resorts.
- Condominiums: Condominiums are a great option for families and groups, as they offer more space and privacy than hotels.
- Vacation rentals: Vacation rentals are another great option for families and groups, as they offer a more home-like experience.
Sun, Sand, and Serenity: The Beach Experience
Embrace the golden sands and crystal-clear waters as you bask in the tranquility of Navarre Beach. Discover the joy of sunbathing, beachcombing, and the gentle lull of the waves.
Getting to Navarre Beach
Navarre Beach is located just a short drive from Pensacola International Airport and Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport. You can also take Amtrak to the nearby town of Navarre.
- The best time to visit Navarre Beach is during the spring or fall when the weather is mild.
- Be sure to pack sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat.
- Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture all of your memories.
- Navarre Beach is a family-friendly destination, so be sure to bring the kids along.
Also know more things to do in Maysville ky
Discover the allure of Navarre Beach, a well-kept secret along Florida’s Emerald Coast, where pristine shorelines, diverse wildlife, and a peaceful ambiance await travelers. Whether you crave thrilling water sports or prefer peaceful walks amidst the coastal ecosystem, things to do in navarre beach Navarre Beach provides a spectrum of experiences catering to all tastes. Embark on your Navarre Beach escapade, embrace the serenity, engage with nature’s marvels, and craft enduring memories that will resonate for years to come.
Navarre Beach is known for its pristine white sand beaches, clear emerald-green waters, and abundance of wildlife. It is a popular destination for swimming, sunbathing, surfing, stand-up paddleboarding, kayaking, and canoeing.
The best time of year to visit Navarre Beach is during the spring (March-May) or fall (September-November) when the weather is mild and sunny.
Navarre Beach is located just a short drive from Pensacola International Airport (PNS) and Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS). You can also take Amtrak to the nearby town of Navarre.
There are a variety of things to do in Navarre Beach, including:
Beaches and Water Sports: Swimming, sunbathing, surfing, stand-up paddleboarding, kayaking and canoeing, snorkeling, and scuba diving.
Wildlife Encounters: Sea turtle conservation, bird watching, dolphin watching.
Exploring Beyond the Beaches: Hiking, golfing, shopping, dining.
Yes, there are two pet-friendly beaches in Navarre Beach: Navarre Beach Park West and Navarre Beach Park East. Pets are allowed on the beach on a leash at all times.